This beautiful Old-Town Scottsdale home celebrates the style that made Ralph Haver a successful and celebrated architect in the 50's and 60's. With its low-pitched roof, large-paned windows tucked beneath the roofline, and beams that penetrate the block walls - the classic Mid-Century Modern is STILL highly sought after today. Combine the original architecture with a STUNNING remodel by celebrated modern-maven Grace Sampo - and you've found a drop dead gorgeous property that is just STEPS from the Arts District, 5th Avenue Boutiques and SO MUCH MORE (click here for more or scroll down). Yay you (giving you a virtual high 5 right now)!
The flower-patterned screenwall might be the one of the first extra touches you'll notice while standing under the carport canopy. It separates and defines the parking space from the backyard and guesthouse while allowing welcomed breezes to pass through. With the front door painted a cheerful Robin's egg blue, your guests will already have the idea that something truly special is waiting on the other side of the door. And they're not wrong.
As the front door opens, you'll be welcomed into the kitchen. And what a kitchen it is.. Bathed in white subway tile set in a classic herringbone pattern all the way to the ceiling and grouted in white, the walls of the kitchen form an elegant backdrop to the custom Zebrawood cabinetry and the Stainless Steel appliances. The cabinets have been topped and the island wrapped in Alpine Quartz which pairs beautifully with the gray tones of the concrete flooring and the Mid-Century inspired lighting. It's truly a space you'll look forward to spending time in.
Just outside the kitchen is the dining area and living room. Here, crisp white walls continue to pair effortlessly with light gray floors and a large expanse of windows bathe the room in light. All of this is anchored beautifully by the stacked-stone Chimney breast and 60" wide electric fireplace with a full glass screen and crystal ember bed. Simply click the remote control for a beautiful fire and choose your music selection for the evening. If it's summer, the fireplace can be kept cool - but, when the weather permits, another selection on the remote will radiate warmth for you and your guests.
Solar System (OWNED free and clear with 2 yr warranty remaining) mean that most months = NO Electric Bills! Monterey features original concrete floors, floor to ceiling windows, and crank hardware. The modern gourmet kitchen features high-end cabinetry, white subway tile in a herringbone pattern to the ceiling and white Quartz counter tops. Barn doors accentuate the master bedroom closet and bathroom. Rain showers in both bathrooms. This home has been designed with timeless Mid-Century light fixtures. Beautiful stacked-stone fireplace adds character to the living room and dining area.
List of Improvements for 6814 East Monterey Way:
- Improve and repair fascia (maintaining the original Mid-Century Modern design)
- Paint entire outside including brick, wood and window trim
- Inspect and repair roof (under Warranty)
- Plant Desert Landscaping
- Build horizontal fence and block wall with gate
- Re-wire outlets and install new lights
- Landscape backyard including installation of new timed sprinkler system, sod, trees and gravel
- Demolition of entry closet and drywall/paint to form alcove
- All ceilings re-wired and fitted for new can lights, chandeliers, pendants and ceiling fans
- All ceilings and walls drywalled, smooth texture and painted
- Insulation added in attic wherever possible (vaulted ceilings in main living space)
- Original concrete floors preserved and re-finished in a matte texture and color for easy cleaning
- Original Haver crank windows cleaned, repaired and repainted
- Large baseboards installed throughout
- New flat-front interior doors and hardware
- Opened and remodeled entire space including:
- Custom Cabinetry
- New plumbing and electrical
- New gas line
- Subway tile to ceiling
- Quartz countertop and Island wrap
- New appliances
- Solar tube installed (under warranty)
- Built custom rock fireplace and installed electric fireplace
- Re-painted original windows
- Original concrete floors preserved
- New large-capacity water heater
- Removed entry door for better design and flow
- Installed new hook-ups for washer/dryer
- Installed lighting
- New plumbing and electrical
- New lighting
- Quartz counters
- Preserved and refinished original Mid-Century solid wood sink base and Linen cupboard
- Re-finished original cast-iron bathtub
- New hardware
- New tile
- Completely re-wired and brought up to code
- New outlets installed
- New ceiling fans
- Opened up original closets to make the space bigger
- Created new walk-in closet
- Barn door hardware installed
- New doors
- Re-wired and wired for mounted television
- Re-configured location of toilet and sink
- New sink and all plumbing
- New toilet
- New shower including plumbing, tile and fixtures
- New lighting
- Reconfigured door for better layout
- New drywall, texture and paint
- New wiring and outlets
- New lighting/fixtures
- Extended kitchen platform
- Built-in cabinet for refrigerator
- New tile and wood flooring
- Quartz Counters
- Re-finished original solid wood sink base
- New bath sink
- Re-finished shower
- New ceilings and insulation
- New door
Scottsdale Arts District, Over 100 galleries offering art from around the world. This area extends from just west of Scottsdale Road to 70th Street and north along Marshall Way to Fifth Ave. This area sustains and advances the artistic heritage of Scottsdale through an eclectic blend of contemporary and southwestern art galleries, fine dining, upscale salons and an array of unique retail businesses.
And on to the 5th Avenue Boutiques, The original arts and crafts area in Scottsdale, 5th Avenue is home to the famous Bob Parks Horse Fountain. The allure of 5th Avenue encompasses specialty shops and boutiques, featuring fashion, fine jewelry, and one-of-a-kind merchandise. In addition, this historic area features cafés and restaurants with outdoor dining.
Check out the dining all within WALKING distance HERE:
Need some recommendations? Here you go!
A 7 minute walk from your door: Steve roasts his own beans at Echo Coffee, though Alyssa claims that the chai tea is “literally addicting.”
A 16 minute walk from your door: Melissa describes Sip Coffee & Beer House as a “a super hipster joint” and if you’re up for it, join them for live music, open mic night and music bingo with your dog (their fureindly!) while enjoying iced macchiato or cold brewed coffee.
A 20 minute walk from your door: For The. Best. Burger. You’ll ever have. Definitely give Rehab Burger Therapy a try. It’s just a 20 minute walk to this fun and laid back joint that has received 7 Best Burger Awards in just 3 years!
A 15 minute walk from your door: 5 star-rated Monarch offers contemporary American cuisine in a fine dining, ultra-romantic setting. So, when it’s date night, take a leisurely stroll to their secret garden (rumor is you’ll have fun finding it and it’s SO worth the effort).
To see this property in person, Fill out the form below OR call Don Mertes at (602) 919-8471 - Thanks!